Monday, October 6, 2014

A Challenging Weekend... Emotional Intelligence Crucial Now... Goal for the Week

I'm going to keep this post very quick and to the point.  I did some extremely dumb things this weekend.  I am sorely disappointed in my actions and especially angry that I let down the person closest to me in this world.  I'm not going to get into specifics, but let's just say I had a vicious hangover yesterday and found out out that I both said and did some extremely hurtful things (for the record, there was no physical violence - just mass levels of stupidity).  My actions represent the exact opposite types of behaviors from who I strive to be and how I want to act.  So... where do I go from here?

Well, I am telling myself that it's not how many times you get knocked down (or knock myself down as the case may be), but how many times you get up.  So, rather than get up and jump right into trading this morning, I took the time to watch a new training video that Wade created on liquidity lines.  I think this was very important because I needed to get back in sync with trading and positive behaviors.  Since my thoughts are still drifting back to my actions from the weekend, it's difficult to have the laser focus needed to properly analyze the market in order to have a chance of pulling positive trades.  Anyone who has been at the institute for any length of time knows the importance we place on exhibiting emotional intelligence in our trading (and our daily lives).  While I am far from proud of my actions on Saturday night, I am at least glad to say that I am trying to bounce back in a positive manner.  I'm not going anywhere and the Forex market is not going anywhere, so there's no point in rushing back into the market when my focus is not where it needs to be.

There is high Aussie news tonight at 8:30pm PST, so I'm going to try and be here to possibly trade it.  I must have my mind right and be ready to behave intelligently if I'm going to gain positive pips tonight (and every trading session).  My mantra: I must only trade if and when I see something I understand.  I must not over-trade.  It would not surprise me if I don't trade during tonight's session, but we'll see how it goes.

By the way, my pip goal for the week is to be up 35-50 pips.

Thanks for reading.  Here's to hoping I bounce back quickly and effectively... and never make the same moronic mistakes again.




No comments:

Post a Comment